26-11, the unforgettable day in the Indian history. The cruel beast swallowed hundreds of innocent people. Tremendously things changed in few hours, from a mellow peaceful environment to a dreadful night. Almost 166 people were killed and 600+ were wounded which had people from different nations. The whole Mumbai was in a pain of bombing attacks and shooting which continued for 4 days which began on 26th November, 2008 Wednesday and lasted till 29th November, 2008 Saturday evening. And the end to this resulted in loss of 15 policemen and 2 NSG Commandos, including the following brave officers :-
- Assistant Police Sub-Inspector Tukaram Omble
- Joint Commissioner of Police Hemant Karkare, the Chief of the Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad
- Additional Commissioner of Police: Ashok Kamte
- Encounter specialist Senior Inspector Vijay Salaskar
- Senior Inspector Shashank Shinde
- NSG Commando, Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
- NSG Commando, Hawaldar Gajendra Singh
With these brave officers, 3 railway officials of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus had also been killed in terror strikes.
The major targeted areas were Leopold cafe, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and Oberoi Trident. As they were the drawing power of tourists, these places were made the targeted place. The whole incident turned humanity as well as their confidence into hash.
Following were the places where attack took place :-
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Station.
- Leopold Cafe.
- 2 Bomb Last in taxis :- One at Vile Parle and the other one at Wadi Bunder.
- Taj Hotel and Oberoi Trident
- Nariman House
Here are the list of defenders because of whom it came to an end :-
- National Security Gaurds or NSG.
- Mumbai Police
- Indian ATS
- Mumbai Fire Brigade
Whose tears and sob cryings can’t be forgotten as many people lost their family, their home, their cherrishing life. Let’s take out a minute today and pray for those who lost lives – RIP
A grand salute to our Indian soldiers and army who is the pillar of our nation and always safekeeping us. “A weak bridge can be crossed holding hand in hand but individually it is impossible to take a step” similarly in such circumstances we should come out and help our people. The balm of support in troubled times is all that is required.Follow us on Social Media: